Since yesterday was Hani's birthday, we (me and Hani) had a sleepover at Hilton Hotel KL. It was fun. During breakfast, we just ate everything until we could not eat anymore.
Umi has been asking me to bake some bread since morning but I was pretty busy finishing my assignment that I didn't have the mood to bake. However, a few hours before going back to Subang Jaya, I suddenly felt like eating homemade bread. And so I made some easy ones. :)
The recipe is from this site. I've made some slight changes to satisfy my own taste buds. I just love the rolls. Look how soft it is.
Recipe (water-roux) :
- 25g bread flour
- 125ml water
Cook over medium heat and stir until it forms a thick paste. Leave it to cool slightly.
Recipe (1 hour dinner rolls) :
- 1 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups of bread flour (high protein flour)
1. Put everything in a mixing bowl including the water roux and knead using a dough hook for about 7-10 minutes. If kneading by hand, it will take a longer time. (The dough is quite sticky so there is no need to add too much flour)
2. Let the dough rise for 20-30 minutes. Then, punch down the dough and divide into 15-16 equal parts.
3. Shape into dinner rolls and let it rise again for 20 minutes.
4. Brush the buns with some milk and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 13-15 minutes.