The scones taste pretty much like the raspberry scones I made while we were in Paris last year. I wanted to share that recipe with you but I don't have the pictures to post along with it. So I hope this recipe will do, for now.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 orange, rind of
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Mix the buttermilk and egg in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles small peas.
4. Mix in cranberries, white chocolate chips, sugar and the rind of orange.
5. Pour in the buttermilk mixture and mix until just combine. Do not knead or it'll become stone hard.
6. Once combined, transfer onto a lightly floured working surface. Pat into 2 balls about 1 inch thick.
7. Cut into 6 - 8 wedges each and place them onto a lined baking tray.
8. Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
Adapted from: Food.com