So now I have a one month break before class starts. Since KMB is in the middle of nowhere, they don't have internet connections in the dorms which makes it hard for me to go online. And yes, I'll be sharing a room with another girl and KMB is like a boarding school. I'm sure it will take some time for me to get used to the surroundings. Anyways, I'll be enjoying this break by cooking and baking as much as I can. :D
I have to admit that I've been addicted to fro-yos ever since I started college. Staying near to Tutti Frutti makes me want to go there at least once a week. And now that I'm back in Seremban with no Tutti Frutti, I have no other choice but to make my own fro-yos. Berries have always been my favourite, be it blueberry, raspberry, blackberry or even strawberry.. I just love them all. However, living in Malaysia makes it quite impossible for me to get cheap fresh berries, except for the strawberries which sometimes can be quite expensive too even though its a local produce. So instead of buying fresh ones, I just buy frozen ones from Cold Storage.
Recipe (Mixed Berries Frozen Yogurt) :
- 4 cups of mixed berries - I used frozen strawberries and blueberries
- 8 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon - use less if you don't like it
- 1 kg (4 cups) of Greek-style yogurt
1. Put the berries, sugar, water and cinnamon into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until it reduces to a thick syrup.
2. Using a hand blender, blend the berry syrup until the desired texture is achieved. If you don't like the seed, you can strain them. Set aside to let it cool.
3. Mix the yogurt with the berry syrup/puree. Pour the yogurt mix into the ice-cream and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions which normally takes about 20-25 minutes.