What are my plans for the break? Nothing much really. My family and I will be going to Paris next week. And guess what are the things that I've planned to do in Paris?? Going to Disneyland and shop for baking supplies and such. :D Then, after coming back from Paris, I'll be having my hospital attachment, along with my three other friends. I hope I get to learn something valuable from it.
Anyways, another thing that I'd sure be doing is baking, and some cooking (I guess). There are so many things that I want to do and I hope I have enough time to do all of them including posting it here on my blog. In the meantime, I'm just going to share this yummy cheesecake recipe, adapted from myresipi.com.
The cheesecake has a light texture, not dense, perhaps due to the amount of cream cheese used as well as the method of baking it. However, I think I'm going to reduce the amount of sugar in the batter by half (or less) and double the amount of caramel instead. I think it'll taste much better that way.
- 400g cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 210ml sour cream
- 200ml whipping cream
- 120g sugar - might reduce this next time
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 90g melted butter
- 50ml low fat milk
- 80g granulated sugar
1. Put the biscuits into food processor and process them until fine. Mix with melted butter. Then press the butter-biscuits mixture onto the base of your pan.
2. Prepare the caramel by cooking/melting the sugar with 1 tbsp of water. Once it has changed colour, turn off the heat and pour in the milk. Set aside.
3. Cream the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, add the sour cream and vanilla essence. Add in the eggs, one at time and mix it well.
4. Mix in the cornstarch and the whipping/fresh cream.
5. Pour the batter into the pan. Then, pour the caramel over the batter.