- 350g bread flour
- 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg (leave 1/3 + some milk to make eggwash)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 180ml warm milk
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp water roux
1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead until a soft and elastic dough is formed.
2. Leave it to proof for about an hour.
3. After it has doubled in size, punch down the dough. And shape into 16 buns. You can put the chocolate chips/ bits when shaping.
4. Leave the dough to rest again for about an hour until it has double in size.
5. Brush the buns with the egg and milk mixture. Put the toppings now if needed.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 18-20 minutes.