Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sweet Buns

In these past few days, I've been cruising through some food blogs that I stumble upon on foodgawker and tastespotting. They have tons of amazing photos of their food on the blog. How I wish one day I could take equally good photos. I guess I need to learn from the experts and just practice more. For now, I'm just going to share this recipe I got from jintanmanis.com.
Half of the dough, I put some chocolate bits in the buns when I shape them and then put some granulated sugar and grated cheddar cheese on the other half of the dough. I like the cheese buns even more but overall, the sweet buns are great, with fluffy and soft texture. Am submitting this to Yeastspotting.

Ingredients :

  • 350g bread flour
  • 3 1/2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg (leave 1/3 + some milk to make eggwash)
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 180ml warm milk
  • 2 tsp yeast
  • 2 tbsp water roux
Method :

1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead until a soft and elastic dough is formed. 
2. Leave it to proof for about an hour.
3. After it has doubled in size, punch down the dough. And shape into 16 buns. You can put the chocolate chips/ bits when shaping.
4. Leave the dough to rest again for about an hour until it has double in size.
5. Brush the buns with the egg and milk mixture. Put the toppings now if needed. 
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 18-20 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss you..:'(

JJ