There's only over a week left of Ramadhan, I can't believe it went by so fast. As always, I am not that looking forward to Syawal as I used to be when I was small. It's a grown-up thing I guess. I remembered how excited I was when Umi started making her deliciously-sweet-and-chocolatey chocolate chip cookies because it acted as an indication that Eid was nearing. Then, she would hide the cookies in a 'safe' place that she thought we wouldn't know, so as not to let us finish them. Oh, sweet childhood memories.
Now that she doesn't bake them anymore, I've been trying to find the recipe which she kept in one of the pile-high old recipe books for years. :( Once I found that recipe, I will surely share it here but in the mean time, let's enjoy a slice of this lemony cake which I made quite a while ago. I think this is a great and easy recipe that would be loved by many.
Recipe (Lemon blueberry cheesecake bars):
- 18-20 pieces of digestive biscuits
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking tray with butter and line it with a parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, process the biscuits and ground cinnamon until you have the texture of fine bread crumbs.
2. Add the butter and process again until everything is thoroughly mixed.
3. Press the mixture onto the lined baking tray and bake for 12 minutes before letting it cool.
- 500g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- zest and juice of 1 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Put everything, except for the blueberries, into the food processor and process until well combined.
2. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and sprinkle the blueberries over the top. The blueberries would sink slightly, but should still be half exposed.
3. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until the center only slightly jiggles.
4. Remove from the oven and cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Adapted from: Brown Eyed Baker