|I know this looks messy but it is very delicious :D|
Last Sunday was Umi's 50th birthday and tomorrow is Abah's. Since both of them are in Pattaya right now, we could not celebrate Abah's birthday together until Sunday. So I still have two days to plan for the menu which I still have not had a clue about it. I just don't know what to cook or bake for him.
What I baked for Umi was a carrot cake. Not just any ordinary carrot cake. But a moist and delicious carrot cake topped with the best cream cheese frosting ever. I did not cook her anything since we went out for lunch at a hotel. I did make the carrot cake in a cupcake form for her friends as well which I think is the best size to eat this cake.
Carrot cake (Adapted from Allrecipes)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrot, squeezed out the juice
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- 2 tbsp yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. Stir in carrots, pineapple, coconut and yogurt.
4. Divide the batter into two greased pan and bake for 30-45 minutes.
note : Makes about 25 cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 500g cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Mix in the icing sugar and vanilla.