At some point, I feel like just staying at home but I know that it is not what I or even my parents want. Life has to go on. I'm not going to waste my time doing nothing, I have to do something right? And I know that opportunities don't come knocking on my door twice. Therefore, I have to struggle and study hard so that MARA will also sponsor me for my first degree later.
Anyways, this is actually a good recipe to finish up your avocados and egg yolks apart from the avocado smoothie recipe. However, I might reduce the lemon/lime juice if I decide to do this again as I find it a tad too lemony. Nevertheless, I must say that this ice cream is very refreshing and creamy at the same time.
Recipe (Avocado Ice Cream/Froyo) - Makes about 1 quart :
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 3 medium, ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- zests of 1 lemon and lime
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips
1. Prepare an ice bath by placing a smaller bowl into a larger bowl with ice and cold water. Put a fine mesh strainer on top of the smaller bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, put in the whipping cream, milk and sugar and cook over medium heat until milk comes to a boil. Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Temper the eggs slowly by adding 1 cup of hot milk into the egg while whisking constantly.
3. Slowly pour the yolk mixture back into the saucepan, whisking constantly. Cook over a medium heat and stir constantly using a wooden spoon for about 5-8 minutes until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon. Do not allow the mixture to boil or the eggs will curdle.
4. Pour the mixture through the strainer into the smaller bowl. Stir in the yogurt and zests.
5. In a blender, puree the avocados with lemon zest, lime zest and a cup of the cooled custard. Fold the avocado mixture back into the remaining custard.
6. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Put in the chocolate chips halfway through the process. Once done, transfer it into a container and freeze it for at least 4 hours.
Source : Foodess.com