Anyways, I really like this fro-yo. I have been wanting to make pomegranate frozen yogurt for ages (a little bit of exaggeration is fine) and now that I have made it, it is really good! The fro-yo is tart with a hint of sweetness. Perfect combination - I can assure you that! I reduced the juice down into a thick syrup prior to mixing it with the greek yogurt, so that the flavour concentrates and would not be too runny. I'd give this recipe another try using whatever pomegranate juice that is available here. I wonder if it tastes the same.
Recipe - Adapted from here.
- 1kg greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup pomegranate syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients together and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Serve it immediately or place it in the freezer before serving.
Ingredients (pomengranate syrup) :
- 3 cups 100% pomegranate juice, such as POM Wonderful
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Combine pomegranate juice and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Cook until the mixture has thickened slightly and has reduced to approximately 3/4 cup, about 1 hour.
3. Set aside to cool.